Hi everyone welcome to my blog.
Don't forget to leave a comment.

9 oktober 2010

Books about fashion

This year is my senior year (examen jaar) and because of that we have to make a research and a paper about the same subject (profielwerkstuk).

After my senior year I want to go to a Fashion Academy. That is why I chose my subject what it related to fashion: Haute Couture/High Fashion. That is why I want to research: how the process of haute couture to ready-made clothing goes. To do that I need a lot of information, especially when I can't follow a designer while he is making haute couture and ready-made clothing. Ah, it would be a dream come true if I really could do that.
  
I thought I know a lot of haute couture, but honestly after surfing on the web and reading books I came to the conclusion that I don't know much about haute couture.

That is why I search for information on the web, but also in the libary. At internet you can find a lot of information, but you never know if the information is reliable. And books are much more reliable than internet.

Here are the books titels (sorry but the most of them are in dutch).
  • Costume and Fashion: A Concise History
    • In Dutch: Cantecleer Kostuumgeschiedenis
      • From James Laver
  •  The Chronicle of Western Costume: From the Ancient World to the Late Twentieth Century
    • In Dutch: Kleding door de eeuwen heen
      • From John Peacock
  •  Fashion: The Century of the Designer, 1900-1999,
    • In Dutch: Mode: de eeuw van de ontwerpsters, 1900-1999
      • From Charlotte Seeling

  • Fashion Design: research and design
    • In Dutch: Fashion Design: onderzoek&ontwerp
      • From Simon Seivewright
  •  Atlas of Fashion Designers
    • In Dutch: Toonaangevende Modeontwerpers
      • From Laura Eceiza Nebreda
  • Voici Paris! (It only excist in Holland)
      • From Madelief Hohé and Georgette
I Found all these books in the library...

1 opmerking:

Anoniem zei

Heee, bedankt voor je reactie. Maar die foto's heb ik niet zelf gemaakt hoor! Gewoon via internet gevonden.